Monday, September 26, 2005

I Miss Katrina...

...Not the death and destruction, but the independent thinking of the media. They were SO GREAT when they had to think for themselves during all the chaos on the Gulf Coast, but it didn't take long for them to go back to the status quo. I just about retched this morning when I heard a chirpy redhead tell me how positive the prognosis for Dick Cheney is. OH BOY!

We all know their bosses don't like to feature poor people on the news, so the poverty (and race) conversation will probably go to the back pages and you KNOW television news won't cover it at all.

See? I miss Katrina.

1 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger TC Byrd said...

Not only the media. Even here in Hattiesburg (about an hour from the Gulf Coast of Mississippi), if your home wasn't really messed up, its back to business as usual complaining about the little ways your day-to-day life has been affected. Damn, lines at Walmart are super long! Look at this terrible traffic! Just human nature, sure, but I know what you mean. Where did the righteous indignation go?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home