Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The Perfect Man

OK, I had an idea to write the TOP FIVE THINGS that make a perfect man, but I have decided there really is only ONE THING that makes a man perfect for anyone.

Do housework without being asked.


That's it. Easy. Simple. Amazingly effective.

If men only knew how much resentment grows when they become "blind" to their surroundings. Or when they are happy to let their partner scuttle around moving, shifting, cleaning, dusting, etc. while they remain absorbed in "the game" or the internet or a rerun of F-Troop. It becomes like wax build-up on their partner's soul and it continues to get thicker and darker and pretty soon it EXPLODES into an inane argument about something like "Wheat Thins or Triscuits?".

Of course there are other things that make a great relationship. Before I realized the housework thing, my number one was MAKE ME LAUGH. Followed closely by YUMMY SEX and GOOD DISCUSSION (in any order). Unsolicited housework never even made the list, but I can tick off all the times I exploded about something else because I felt trapped cleaning my house when no one else gave a shit.

It's not just the housework -- it's what the unrequested housework represents: thoughtfulness, responsibility, caring, equality. I'm telling you, a little housework and a bottle of wine will get you all the bootie you can handle!

And that's my relationship lesson for today. Free of charge.

2 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"If men only knew how much resentment grows when they become "blind" to their surroundings."

YES!

 
At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, I have some house-cleaning screaming out for attention. Now that yours is taken care of, please drop by and get to mine. I'd really appreciate it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home