Monday, October 24, 2005

Who's the Real Target?

I love to shop at Target even though the corporation supports some extreme right wing causes. As far as I know, their employees are treated decently which makes them my alternative to Wal-Mart. However, they won't be getting any more of my money until they support my right to have free and unfettered access to birth control methods of all kinds.

Apparently, as a female consumer, my money is valued much higher than my health. It's OK for me to shop there but if I need a presciption filled, I have to put up with some dogmatic pharmacist's narrow-minded values. Just fill the scrip, pal, and keep your Bible at home. I don't like hearing "God Bless America" sung at baseball games either, but I'm not holding out for an alternate selection.

I suggest you tell Target where to put their permission to allow pharmacists to behave this way by e-mailing them now.

1 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't know this about the "giant nipple of commerce". I eagerly await your investigation.

In re: "God Bless America" at ball games, thank you. That drives me nuts. When did this become National Anthem 2.0? And I noticed that in Houston during the Series, the PA announcer told men to remove their caps. I will remove my cap for that song if one person in the stands can tell me who wrote it. Shall I also doff my lid for "Easter Parade" and "You Can't Get A Man With A Gun."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home