Sunday, April 16, 2006

I'm Tupper-Crazy!

It's been brewing for a couple of months now, but I have decided to become a Tupperware Lady!

The main reason is to get rid of some credit card debt, but also because
Who Doesn't Love Tupperware?


I have an emotional connection to Tupperware that I can't completely explain. Throughout my childhood, my mom collected so many pieces, there's not a page in the latest catalog that doesn't remind me of a family experience. There's the hamburger patty maker we used to prepare for potluck barbecues. I used the marinating dish until I accidentally melted the lid on a hot burner. My sister-in-law covered up my big yellow bowl with wrapping paper because she thought it looked too tacky on her table. And my brother and I drank so much Kool-Aid from the plastic tumblers, I'm surprised we didn't contract diabetes by the age of 10.

But most importantly, Tupperware has symbolized empowerment for women that was hard to find when it started in the 1950s. Like the GI bill for men, Tupperware became the female ticket to the middle class. So, I'm excited to join the ranks of all those who have gone before and strive to meet some financial goals myself.

I also think that Tupperware can change the world, but you'll have to check out my website to find out why. I'm ready to party!

My Tupperware Website
Tupperware! The PBS "American Experience" Episode
Super Saleswoman Dixie Longate's website

4 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I must be crazy. I'm sure I used to read NYT columnists here, but have seen any for several months. Am I dreaming or did they scare you off?

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger The works of Dllee said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger The works of Dllee said...

uniongrrl,
i visted your tupperware site via superfrank. i love you wit on marketing. nice job with the site. i look forward to having the time to read cyphering.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Old Mom's Rock!!! said...

Kelly

I have missed you!!! I have to write and I have to send pictures of the kids... BUT most of all I am going to need some Tupperware... will you send it to me?

Christy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home