Wednesday, July 13, 2005

She's a Knockout

WARNING:
YOU WILL ONLY ENJOY THIS BLOG ENTRY IF YOU LIKE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:


Musical Theater
Romantic Comedies
Beautiful Women
Worthless Entertainment Trivia

I am a sucker for You've Got Mail and when you watch it (usually on TNT) as often as I do, you start to memorize every line, every face, every frame. So, when I watched the Tony Awards last month and saw Rose, the Zabar's clerk from my favorite crap movie (that's her shoulder on the right side of the photo above) playing the female lead in Spamalot: The Musical on Broadway, I was shocked! Who knew she could sing? Well, she can! She's Sara Ramirez and she won the Tony Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Musical to prove she really has chops.


To be honest, that scene always bugged me because Sara, I mean Rose the Zabar's clerk, has to listen to Joe Fox (Tom Hanks) charm her into taking Kathleen Kelly's (Meg Ryan's) credit card and it's pretty condescending for Rose. Well, one look at Sara's website and you'll see she's a tremendously talented woman...AND check her out in that red dress, wouldja'? She's a busy Broadway performer with extensive and glittering experience. Way to go, Rose. You don't have to take shit from Joe Fox (Tom Hanks) at Zabar's any more, honey. You're a star!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home