Friday, July 29, 2005

Summer Treats

Once in awhile you do something you can't help but brag about. Well, I don't know what came over me, but I put on quite a spread for the 4th of July and I surprised myself. So...here are the recipes. You owe it to yourself to try them. They both delicious AND easy, I promise. I got them all from the Food Network website.

Rosemary Chicken -- just grill after brushing with olive oil/garlic/rosemary mixture. Keep the pieces small and put them on a decorative bed of spinach leaves (this will look great for company).

Black Bean Salad
-- Oh man, this is good.
Crab Cakes -- YUM!
Peach Shortcake -- AAAAGH! Forget the Orgasmatron...eat this instead.

Beverage: try "Strawberry Limonade" -- Blend ice, 1 part Bacardi Limon, 2 parts sweet & sour mix, fresh or frozen strawberries, maybe some seltzer, garnish with lemon slices. Ooooh baby!

Add a couple of veggie and fruit platters, a caeser salad, maybe some hummus and pita chips. Voila! You can do ALL of this ahead of time (except the whipped cream for the shortcake). I swear your friends will LOVE you and remains are just as good the next day. I'm still dreaming about leftover black bean salad.

"Popular. I'll help you be popular...."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home