Monday, November 07, 2005

TIVO THIS!,

Whatever you are doing Tuesday night, set your DVR, VCR, or whatever to Frontline on PBS.

They are running an important documentary entitled "The Last Abortion Clinic" about the decline in the number of abortion clinics across the country, creating de-facto restrictions on women who want to exercise their legal right to end their pregnancies in a safe manner.

In Washington state, if you don't live near Seattle or Spokane, you may have have to drive up to 300 miles to find a facility. Does this sound like a "right to privacy" to you?

Here's the link to PBS for more information and a trailer.

1 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched this tonight, and frankly, it was one of the scariest things I've seen in a long time. I actually couldn't watch it all the way through becuase I realized I was full-on swearing at the television, and that's not good for my heart.

I wanted to reach through the screen and bitch-slap the Pro-Life Mississippi woman in her pink boucle jacket and soft, patronizing voice. "It's not helping these women to make it easier for them to kill their babies," she said.

What I'd like to know is how it's helping these women to have three and four children they can't afford. I'd like to know how it's helping these woman that there is basically no health clinic in town to provide them with birth control to prevent a pregnancy in the first place. I want to know how it's helping these women to take away anything resembling a choice. I want to know how it's helping these women--and their children--to make their lives even more desparate then they already were.

UGH.

Anyway, while it completely pissed me off, it was an important show. Thanks for the recommendation, uniongrrl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home