Thursday, June 23, 2005

Help Has Arrived

I am not a prude, but I am surprised at how shocked I get when I see or hear unexpected sexual stuff. For example, the other night, my beloved and I were watching a cable comedy show when all of a sudden, up popped graphic images of men AND women getting Brazilian bikini waxes. I'm not sure if I was more shocked at the pain they were willing to undergo (OW OW OW OW OW!) or the images of the whole smorgasbord right out there in the open. Without even thinking, both hands went up to my mouth and my eyes popped open. I felt like I was 9. No, even a 9-year-old would have been more cool than I was.

So, for the past 5 years, I've been too embarrassed to ask anyone what Chris Rock meant in his second HBO special ("Bigger and Blacker" 2000) when he kept repeating the punch line, "Can I toss your salad?". I'm not a total idiot. I knew it was something sort of nasty, but I didn't have a precise definition and this is not really something you just bring up when you have friends over. Either they think you are goofy for asking or you feel goofy for asking. I mean, is that really decent dinner time conversation?

Well, thanks to the Urban Dictionary, my secret pain is over and I know what it means to "toss your salad". Sounds kinda fun...maybe...if you've had a lot to drink...and you're willing to be daring...and everybody's clean...

There's lots of other (not nasty) cool stuff, too. Like:
emaelstrom
A long and complicated email trail with dozens of CC's discussing a situation almost none of the recipients cares about.

So, now, when I am feeling like the square, repressed white girl that I am, I have a source for those questions that you don't just ASK someone.

I love the internet.

2 Comments:

At 1:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

shazam!! that's some fine bootay right there...

 
At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speakings of salad tossing....do you prefer syrup or jelly? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home