Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Tom Cruise Can Bite Me

A few years back, I warmed up to Tom Cruise because Rosie O'Donnell was nuts about him. In fact, for a while, I thought Nicole was the weird one in the relationship. Fast forward to today and Nicole Kidman has far outshown her idiotic ex both as an actor and (it seems) as a human being.

Bottom Line: Tom Cruise won't be seeing the green of my dollars any time soon. It takes a lot of balls to treat his nymphette girlfriend like a show dog, tell Brooke Shields she's nuts for taking medication for her debilitating post-partum depression, espouse Scientology as an answer to psychotherapy and STILL expect me to go see his movie. (Brooke fought back by saying she left two tickets for Tom and Katie to see her performance in the Broadway version of the musical "Chicago" at the box office: 1 adult and 1 child -- HA!).

I was on the fence about seeing "War of the Worlds" anyway, but I like Spielberg and I enjoy some action and CGI, so I was willing to see it on a date with my boyfriend (any excuse to sit in the dark and hold hands).

Not now, Tom. I know when I'm being used. You might want to keep an eye on that career trajectory, too. A lot of us were willing to see your movies for your pretty face and charming personality. Now...not so much.

Don't expect women to support your films if you tell them they are irresponsible for seeking medical treatment for clinical depression. According to you, all they need is "vitamins." Go back to medical school, pal!

And maybe that's the art of being a movie star. You need to make me HAPPY to give you my money. Don't bite the audience that feeds you. I mean, I don't know what happened between Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, but Angelina is giving great lip service (unintentional pun) to the fact that she doesn't believe in breaking up a marriage because of the trauma she experienced as a child during her parents' divorce. She also spends a lot of UN volunteer time in Africa and she loves being a mother. So, whether she is telling the truth or not, I'm buying it.

But not from Tom. Not anymore.

It will be a cold day in Hollywood before he sees another dime from me.


There's plenty more about Tom Cruise's recent nuttiness at www.defamer.com. Search under Tom Cruise or Scientology. The archives are stuffed.

1 Comments:

At 2:46 AM, Blogger Old Mom's Rock!!! said...

Amen sister friend!!! When I heard this yesterday I was going to write my own blog but you have said it all!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home