Sunday, February 26, 2006

The Incredible Mr. Knotts


I love this picture of Don Knotts.

Believe it or not, he was ALWAYS successful with women. Which is more than I can say about Sylvester Stallone or Jeff Conaway or....Robert Blake.

Five years on "The Andy Griffith Show," 5 Emmy nomination, 5 wins. A helluva record.

He was RARELY out of work and when he was, he called his friends. The best call was to Andy Griffith when he asked him, "Do you need a deputy?"

Andy Griffith told Larry King that he was bereft when Don left his show for a movie deal at Universal. He said it might sound odd for a man to say about another man, but Andy missed Don every day. They were best friends.

When I was 10, I went to see "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken." I was so scared, I had to go sit in the lobby until the scary organ music stopped.

Miss ya', Barn.

Links: NYT Obit
USA Today Obit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home